COMPONENTS OF Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
There are four components of comprehensive DBT:
- DBT skills group
- Individual therapy
- DBT phone coaching
- DBT consultation team for the therapist’
DBT SKILLS GROUP
DBT includes four behavioral skill modules, with two acceptance-oriented skills (mindfulness and distress tolerance) and two change-oriented skills (emotion regulation and interpersonal effectiveness).
- Mindfulness: the practice of being fully aware and present in this one moment
- Distress Tolerance: how to tolerate pain in difficult situations, not change it
- Interpersonal Effectiveness: how to ask for what you want and say no while maintaining self-respect and relationships with others
- Emotion Regulation: how to decrease vulnerability to painful emotions and change emotions that you want to change
To enroll, contact CACS at 605-224-5811.